217 E Myrtle St

Independence, KS 67301


Independence, KS 67301

Licensing and Permits

The County Clerk’s office has the responsibility of licensing and permits for Montgomery County. Please select the application form below.

Cereal Malt Beverage (CMB) License

All CMB licensees must be registered to collect and remit Kansas sales tax. All CMB applications shall be made on the forms prescribed by the Attorney General and submitted to the:

  • City Clerk if the retailer is located within an incorporated city.
  • County Clerk if the retailer is located outside of an incorporated city.
  • Director of ABC if the retailer is operating on a railway car.

Please allow 30 days for processing applications.

CMB Handbook 

Fish and Game Licenses

You can purchase licenses and permits using a Toll Free Number 1-800-918-2877 or online through Kansas Wildlife and Parks

For a list of requirements for Fishing Licenses click here

For a list of requirements for Hunting and Fur Harvester Licenses click here

Watercraft Permit

You can register your watercraft online at https://license.gooutdoorskansas.com or at any Kansas State Park or Wildlife and Parks regional offices.

Contact Us

Charlotte Scott Schmidt


County Clerk


PO Box 446
Independence, KS 67301

Phone: (620) 330-1200
Fax: (620) 330-1202

Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm

Located on the first floor of the County Courthouse.