217 E Myrtle St

Independence, KS 67301


Independence, KS 67301

Noxious Weed

Welcome to the Montgomery County Noxious Weed Department where our primary objective is to eradicate weeds that are classified as noxious by the State of Kansas or Montgomery County. To better serve the County residents in controlling these noxious weeds, we have made available the purchase of high-quality chemicals. It can be found at 112 N. Wald, Independence, KS and is open from Monday to Friday between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm.

If you have any inquiries about noxious weeds or the chemicals, our team at Noxious Weed would be more than happy to assist you. You can contact us at (620) 331-4139. We accept multiple forms of payment such as cash or check, so that you can easily purchase from us. Unfortunately, we do not accept credit and debit cards.

Thank you for considering Montgomery County Noxious Weed Department to be your helping hand in managing noxious weeds that could be harmful to the environment.

Noxious Weeds List (for Montgomery County)

  • Bur Ragweed (Bursage) (Ambrosia grayii)
  • Canada Thistle (Cirsium arvense)
  • Field Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis)
  • Hoary Cress (Cardaria draba)
  • Johnsongrass (Sorghum halepence)
  • Kudzu (Pueraria lobata)
  • Leafy Spurge (Euphorbia esula)
  • Multiflora Rose (Rosa multiflora)
  • Musk Thistle (Carduus nutans)
  • Pignut (Hoffmannseggia densiflora)
  • Quackgrass (Agropyron repens)
  • Russian Knapweed (Centaurea repens)
  • Sericea Lespedeza (Lespedeza cuneate)
For images and additional information please visit the Kansas Department of Agriculture Noxious Weed Control Program.

Contact Us

Noxious Weed Phone (620) 331-4139

Chemical Sales Monday – Friday 2:30 – 3:30


PO Box 663
Independence, KS 67301

Main Office Phone: (620) 330-1170
Fax: (620) 330-1177

Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:00