217 E Myrtle St

Independence, KS 67301


Independence, KS 67301

Frequently Asked Questions

No, the county does not offer trash service. Below is a list of private trash collection companies that offer this service. Not all companies serve all areas of the county.

  • Green Environmental Services – (800) 870-5393
  • SEK Sanitation – (620) 238-2509
  • Waste Connections, Inc. – (877) 336-3161


Montgomery County does not offer water service. However, there are multiple rural water districts within Montgomery County. Please visit the Kansas Rural Water Association to determine the correct water district based on your property location.

Contact Us


PO Box 663
Independence, KS 67301

Office Phone: (620) 330-1170
Fax: (620) 330-1177

Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:30

Located on the second floor of the County Courthouse.