217 E Myrtle St

Independence, KS 67301


Independence, KS 67301

How do I appeal the value of my property?

If you feel the value the Appraiser has placed on your property is incorrect, you may wish to inspect the Appraiser’s records on your property. If you choose to file an appeal, you should provide information and documentation to support your estimate of value. Information such as a recent independent appraisal, recent sales of similar homes in your neighborhood, similar homes that are currently on the market, photos and contract/engineering estimates of the cost to repair any structural damage, or a written estimate from a real estate professional will all lend support and credibility to your opinion of value.

Kansas Dept of Revenue
Kansas Board of Tax Appeal

Contact Us


PO Box 507
Independence, KS 67301

Phone: (620) 330-1050
Fax: (620) 330-1117

Located on the second floor of the County Courthouse.