ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Entry. Process deeds transferring property ownership, land splits, corrections, and other changes. Enter property record changes into Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal System (CAMA). Assist with splits and combinations of parcels. Assists with data entry to produce appeal documents, scheduling of appeal, data entry, pulling and preparing files, and making phone calls. Accurately deals with all appeal documents.
Analysis and Research. Study legal records to establish boundaries of properties, and local, national, and international areas of political, economic, social, or other significance. Assist citizens, public officials, attorneys, realtors and others with information relating to property values, map and plat references, deeds and other information.
Public Relations. Responds to internal and external customer inquiries by providing technical information for internal office divisions and other county departments; answers taxpayer inquiries and communicates and assists outside jurisdictions.
- Concentrate on complex tasks for extended periods of time.
- Read and understand legal descriptions, property ownership, maps, and property descriptions.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Learn and retain complex written and oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public and other governmental entities.
- Apply time management and organization skills.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and able to operate a County-owned vehicle (HR-2005-7).