The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is seeking applications for the position of full-time Sheriff Dispatcher. Position duties include receiving emergency and non-emergency calls and dispatch Law Enforcement, fire, or ambulance service in response to calls.
Transmit requests to the field units giving location and nature of calls to appropriate unit; obtain necessary information by questioning the caller to dispatch appropriate service to the scene.
Provide additional information to field units, monitor field radio reports and requests for information or additional assistance, retrieve information from NCIC system and receive or transmit message to other state public service agencies via radio or telephone.
Maintain computer log of all messages received and/or transmitted. Performing a variety of technical and clerical tasks in support of the Sheriff’s Office. Qualified applicants must be able to work in fast paced environment, have critical thinking skills, clear verbal skills, computer skills, and ability to work shift work and holidays.
Background investigation, physical, and drug screening required. Applications accepted until position filled.
- Must be 18 years of Age
- Must be a US Citizen
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- No Felony or Misdemeanor convictions
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, psychological test, pre-employment drug testing
- No Brady/Giglio issues
- Be able to work 12-hour shifts, holidays, and cover shifts with very little notice.
- Family Insurance
- KPERS Retirement
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave