The purpose of the Montgomery County Noxious Weed Department is to eradicate weeds which have been deemed noxious by the State of Kansas and/or Montgomery County.
To aid County residents with the control of noxious weeds, chemicals may be purchased from Montgomery County Noxious Weed, 112 N. Wald, Independence, KS, Monday – Friday between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm.
Any questions regarding noxious weeds and/or chemicals may be directed to Bill Racy, Noxious Weed Director (620) 331-4139.
Accepted forms of payment include check or cash. Credit and debit cards not accepted.
Noxious Weeds List (for Montgomery County)
- Bur Ragweed (Bursage) (Ambrosia grayii)
- Canada Thistle (Cirsium arvense)
- Field Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis)
- Hoary Cress (Cardaria draba)
- Johnsongrass (Sorghum halepence)
- Kudzu (Pueraria lobata)
- Leafy Spurge (Euphorbia esula)
- Multiflora Rose (Rosa multiflora)
- Musk Thistle (Carduus nutans)
- Pignut (Hoffmannseggia densiflora)
- Quackgrass (Agropyron repens)
- Russian Knapweed (Centaurea repens)
- Sericea Lespedeza (Lespedeza cuneate)